As Jeremy Pang’s Salmon Bites in XO Onion Sauce was so tasty we decided to share another recipe from his debut cookbook, Chinese Unchopped.
Bringing you Flash-Fried Cabbage with Dried Chillies and Sweetened Soy – perfect as a side dish alongside an Asian-style banquet or for a vegetarian main.
You can see exactly how Jeremy Pang cooks up a storm in a Symphony Kitchen below.
Flash-Fried Cabbage with Dried Chillies and Sweetened Soy
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 10 minutes | Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 whole sweetheart cabbage
- 1 medium ripe tomato
- 5-10 large dried red chillies
- 1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 tablespoon chinkiang black rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Finely slice your garlic cloves, chop your cabbage into large chunks and cut your tomato into eighths. Combine your sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable or garlic oil in a wok over a high heat until smoking-hot.
- Add the dried chillies and garlic to the wok and stir-fry for 30 seconds, then add the tomatoes and cabbage and stir-fry for another 1 minute, keeping the heat high.
- Pour your sauce into the wok, bring to a vigorous boil and stir-fry for a further 2-3 minutes, until the cabbage is tender but still crunchy and the sauce has reduced by a third. Serve.
Jeremy makes cooking Asian inspired food easy and at MKM we make designing your dream kitchen easy too!
Find your local showroom and be inspired today with high quality Kitchens in a variety of styles available from the Symphony range. Amazing showrooms with dedicated local experts, make sure you sit back and relax while we do all the design work needed for FREE! Enquire here and your local designer will be in touch.