We recently asked you to share your best DIY tips in our “Tricks of the Trade” competition.
There were loads of great suggestions on Facebook and Twitter, from carpentry and joinery tips to general building industry tips – making it hard to choose a firm favourite. But we’ve whittled down the entries to our top five pieces of DIY advice, as recommended by real tradesmen and MKM customers*.
5. Coming in at number five, this classic DIY tip is short and straight to the point:
4. Speaking of classics, everyone should keep Anna Bettis’ advice in mind when buying tools and materials…
@mkmbs ‘buy cheap and u buy twice’ with tools and materials! Use the best you or your client can afford and it will pay in the long run 👌🏼
— Anna Bettis (@BeauRed1) October 20, 2016
3. This technical tip made it into our top three favourite tradesmen tips, where school geometry lessons came in handy…
2. Just missing out on first place, this tradesman tip could make a job look a lot neater and more professional:
1. Finally, we come to our winner… *drumroll please*:
What a crafty little life hack, we love it! A huge congratulations to Liam, whose top DIY advice has won him a toolbox worth over £450.
Thanks to everyone who also shared their tips and tricks of the trade. The competition may be over, but you can always share your handy hints with us on the MKM Facebook page or over on Twitter. Or why not leave a comment below with your own tips?
* Please note that anyone acting upon any of the advice above does so at their own discretion and MKM is not liable for the result of any actioning of these tips.