- 250 g butter
- 250 g sugar
- 1 packet vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 400 g plain flour
- 100 g rolled oats
- Various nuts (optional)
- 700 – 800 g rhubarb
- A little softened butter for the pan
- A little powdered sugar for dusting
- Blueberries for garnish (optional)
- Rinse the rhubarb, peel if necessary, and cut off the ends. Cut the stalks into approx. 2 cm thick slices.
- For the crumble, melt the butter in a largish saucepan. Using a fork, slowly stir sugar, vanilla extract, salt, a little flour, and oats into the melted butter. The crumble will form automatically. If desired, you can also add finely
- Sprinkle the crumble onto the rhubarb. If desired, add a little cinnamon.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Bake the crumble on the middle shelf for 30 to 35 minutes until it turns a nice golden-brown.