Following the fabulous feature of our Symphony kitchen in Jeremy Pang’s Salmon bites recipe video, we’re bringing you the full recipe to enjoy!
The renowned chef of Asian cuisine and School of Wok Jeremy Pang, can often be found cooking in his Symphony Kitchen – watch him in action…
Taken from Jeremy Pang’s debut cookbook, Chinese Unchopped you can see the full recipe below on your journey to becoming a star chef in your own home.
Salmon Bites in XO Onion Sauce
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 20 minutes | Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 large fresh red chillies
- a small handful of corainder
- 500g salmon filet, skin off and pinboned (ask your fishmonger to do this for you)
- 300g sugar snap peas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons XO sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 200ml chicken or fish stock
- Finely slice the onion, garlic and chili. Roughly chop the coriander
- Cut the salmon into large 1-2cm bite-sizes pieces. Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a wok over a high heat until smoking hot
- Add the onion, garlic and chili and stir-fry for 30 seconds, until lightly browned, then add the sugar snap peas and stir-fry for a further minute until the peas are slightly coloured
- Transfer the ingredients from the wok to a bowl, add a further 1 tablespoon of oil to the wok and return to the smoking point. Allow to smoke for 5 seconds to ensure the wok is hot enough for the fish to sear well without sticking, then add the salmon. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes until the salmon is browned on all sides
- Return the vegetables to the wok, pour over the sauce and bring to a vigorous boil. Cook for a further 1 minute until the sauce has thickened and reduced enough to just coat the ingredients, then transfer to a large dish. Scatter over the coriander and serve with a side of steamed rice
From contemporary and classic to traditional and shaker you will find a Kitchen suited to you and your home from the Symphony range available at MKM.
Find out how you can cook in your very own Symphony Kitchen by booking a consultation here.